Sunday, March 6, 2011
Anyway, regarding my craft output. April's BJP is coming along well. I have also decided to try making some components for bead embroidery from polymer clay. As the metal clay runs out I need to find a more affordable way of creating elements for my work. I like the clay very much. I am in the process of making color scales according to Maggie Maggio's instructions. This way I can see just how each color reacts with another in mixing. Since I do have a background in painting, color theory is not something new to me. However, the clay colors have unique properties and I need to learn them.
One thing I have noticed is that the newer Premo clays are quite sticky. I found out that this is due to the removal of the phlalates.
My old clay is much firmer. So I am currently leaching some of the plasticizer out in the hopes the clay will be easier to work with.
So happy almost spring to you all!